The Program Coordinator III will support and advise students and programs within the Student Involvement and Leadership office and will report to the USU Blanding's Director of Students. This position supports and advises USUSA Campus Organizations: three campus representatives and the USUSA Executive VP in fulfilling the objectives and goals as outlined in their individual officer charters; and coordinate the day-to-day activities of these officers, full-time and part-time staff. Other duties include monitoring program budget revenues and expenses to ensure all USU policies are followed and student fee use transparency is maintained. This position also oversees the planning and execution of events, pageants, week of welcome, etc., making sure they are safe and adhere to applicable USU policies.
- Implement leadership development opportunities for students.
- May be responsible for teaching one or two courses per semester.
- Serve as the advisor for student leaders: Student Association representatives of Utah State University Blanding (USUSA); serve as the principal liaison between student leaders, campus administrators, and external constituencies.
- Train, advise and supervise USUSA through weekly meetings, overseeing events planned by officers, keeping current on new issues, policies, budget review, events, and other student involvement activities and/or concerns.
- Become familiar with all campus auxiliary services, community groups, and businesses that students may wish to utilize.
- Provide leadership and advise a breadth of campus clubs and organizations, student association, and societies on leadership development, group dynamics, and event management while facilitating campus partnerships.
- Organize, promote and implement programming for Student Involvement & Leadership at USU Blanding.
- Supervise full-time, part-time, and or work-study employees.
- Manage budget indexes for Student Involvement & Leadership programming at USU Blanding; maintain and monitor expenditures; provides guidance in the distribution of allotted budget funds.
- Serve as a non-voting member of the Blanding Region Fee Board.
- Provide support for new student orientation.
- Assist in college retention and completion efforts; mentor student leaders in the achievement and completion of academic and personal goals.
- Facilitate the management of the student activities lounge, student life facilities, storage, the basketball courts, ping pong table, Hogan scheduling, and usage.
- Provide support for Study Abroad and or student exchange programming.
- Provide service-learning opportunities for students.
- Manage and oversee the staff, scheduling, and equipment of the Fitness Center.
- Oversee work-study employees for programmings such as Aggie Bikes, SNAC (food drive), and Fitness Center.
- Manage social media and marketing for Student Involvement & Leadership programming at USU Blanding.
- Organize Miss USU Blanding Pageant.
- Network and collaborate with USUSA Statewide Advisors, USU Blanding distant sites, campus programs, departments, and community partners.
- Maintain and share a weekly and monthly calendar of all events for SIL.
- Coordinate with other USU Blanding student support areas as needed.
- Facilitate seminars, meetings, and special projects as needed or assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field plus two years of relevant work experience; or a master’s degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education plus experience is required.
- Competency in computer programs particularly Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to work with a diverse student and staff population.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work late hours and weekends.
- Master's Degree plus one year of experience in student involvement and leadership
- Experience working in higher education
- Grant management experience
- Experience with substance abuse, sexual violence prevention, and mental health programming
- Experience working with Native American student populations
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. Resume to be uploaded in the Candidate Profile
2. Transcript(s) to be uploaded in 'Other Document' (1-10)
3. Cover letter to be typed/pasted into a text box at the end of the application
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
$42,000-$47,000; commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits