The American Indian College Fund (College Fund) strives to positively impact the lives of American Indians by supporting their higher education and career objectives. College Fund team members believe education is the answer and collectively we raise funds, provide scholarships, and holistically support students in achieving their goals.
This position is not a back-end technical position. The College Fund licenses propriety CRM/eCRM tools and outsources management of the back end, which includes data hygiene, programming, dataflow in and out for partner agencies, and complex reporting needs. The Data Manager serves as a primary liaison between eight agency partners and the College Fund, representing the College Fund needs and ensuring the organization’s business needs and objectives are met.
The ideal candidate for this position will be knowledgeable in project management, data management, vendor management, a “power user” and a resource development analyst of CRM and e-marketing tools. He/she will also be proactive, articulate, strategic, organized and technically minded, with good business acumen, excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed quantitative skills and analytical thinking. The candidate should have strong hands-on technical skills for user-facing experience and strong technical knowledge of the back end. The candidate should also have strong experience in non-profit fund raising, marketing, email/direct response marketing, CRM and e-marketing software, donor lifecycle management, project management, segmentation, response analysis and campaign tracking.
This position supports the work of the College Fund through vendor oversight of the organization’s CRM and e-marketing tool partners, as well as providing direct support to the RD and Finance teams, including report writing accessing front-end CRM tools and data analysis across various software platforms and channels. This position requires tremendous attention to detail and priorities. The ideal candidate must have the ability to interact professionally with staff, vendor partners, and donors in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. Excellent collaboration and communication skills are required.
Essential Job Functions
- CRM and E-Marketing Solution Functionality and Oversight
- Owns and manages relationship with outsourced CRM and e-marketing solution agency partners, including serving as primary liaison between agency partners and internal College Fund staff
- Serves as project manager for internal and outsourced CRM and e-marketing tool requests/updates/communications/prioritization
- Works directly with Finance and Web teams to ensure seamless data exchange and reporting with Financial Edge and website backend reporting
- Analyzes data across databases, reports, functions, and strategies to identify trends and opportunities
- Data Management
- In partnership with outsourced agency partners, owns responsibility for managing use of front-end experience and back-end structure for the organization’s CRM and e-marketing tools, including:
- Oversight of multi-platform data in and data out, including both individual/manual and automated data exchanges with multiple agency marketing partners and others
- Managing data hygiene processes
- Development of processes and supporting documentation
- Communications regarding up and down time
- Creates and runs reports and queries in the College Fund databases using front-end tools for the purpose of analyzing/evaluating current fund raising and marketing program performance and return on investment, including:
- Individual Giving
- Mid-level donor program
- Planned Gifts
- Community Engagement/Special Events
- Broad population marketing efforts (social media, public service announcements [PSAs], website)
- Manages/updates all analytics and modeling tools, including development of reports to gauge tool(s) usage and efficacy
- Digital Communication/Online Communities
- Ensures appropriate tracking and evaluation of digital/online strategies
- Manages donor directed (or general population) digital communications and manages tools for same
- Creates technical backdrop, manages content and monitors all RD related online communities
- In collaboration with the Website team, manages and updates donations/activation forms on website and RD specific web pages (i.e., Planned Giving)
- Department Support
- Manages the planning and implementation of data management for RD team special projects and activities
- Provides training as needed to ensure accurate and reliable use of data systems
- Generates needed reports; assists in research and materials for proposals, grant submissions and meetings with prospective funders
- Development of data entry best practices in partnership with data entry staff, data management, reporting, and evaluation and implementation of technology tools
- Ensures the integrity of revenue reports by reconciling revenue reports to Financial Edge and organizational financials
- Completes data entry and data edit projects
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Expert in leading organizations through identifying business needs, targeting appropriate tools and implementation, including both project management and “hands-on” database conversion experience.
- Expert in agency/vendor partnerships management, including accountability, prioritization, and budget development/management.
- Expert knowledge in best practices for data management and support, preferably in the context of donor data.
- Expert ability to retrieve, analyze, and report on development data. Candidate must demonstrate familiarity with various record types, gift batching, acknowledgement letters, exporting/importing, queries, reports, and mail functions.
- Additional product experience required: E-marketing tools, wealth indication tools, and peer-to-peer fundraising tools.
- Web development or programming experience preferred (i.e., html).
- Modeling tools knowledge preferred.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Candidate demonstrates initiative and executes projects from development to final delivery. Must be logical and develop/deliver strategies with high focus and attention to objectives.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required. Candidate is able to prioritize work and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Strong customer service skills (internal/external) as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be professional with strong ethical standards and ability to adapt to change.
- Must be able to work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to collaborate across departments is essential.
- Candidate must have strong competency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- BA degree, preferably in computer science and/or quantitative or computer science/technology
- Demonstrated experience as a data manager and/or analyst, preferably in non-profit environment. Regional/national experience a plus
- 5+ years developing business requirements, identifying CRM/email/online technology tools and implementation
- Experience leading data mapping and conversion
- 5+ years ‘experience in non-profit data management/CRM software/e-marketing tools
- 5+ years’ experience using CRM and e-marketing software for development, marketing and financial tracking including reporting analysis, and implementation of segmentation strategies
- 5+ years’ experience analyzing donor/campaign trends
- Experience with general data management best practices
- Technical experience in consolidating data from multiple sources
- Familiarity with non-profit fundraising practices and campaign management including direct marketing principles, statistics, and data mining
Work Environment and Physical Activities
- Professional office environment
- Travel as required
- Ability to lift 20 – 30
Note: The intent is not to provide an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position. Incumbent may perform other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please put your name and the job title in the subject line