Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College
POSITION: Payroll Technician/Benefits Coordinator CLASSIFICATION: FT, Perm.
DEPARTMENT: Business Office FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Comptroller PAY RANGE: DOQ
LOCATION: New Town, ND Campus Open until filled
Performs a broad range of administrative duties to ensure the accuracy of payroll and fringe benefits along with the process of properly onboarding and the exit interview process of employees. Gathers timekeeping information, management of fringe benefits, providing timely responses all of inquiries concerning employee benefits and payroll related questions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Responsible for the accuracy and processing of payroll within State and Federal regulations
- Maintaining and filling of a variety of payroll related documents for auditing purposes
- Receives, distributes, and files documents. Sets up and maintains spreadsheets and logs. Enters and retrieves information from databases. Organizes and maintains electronic and paper document filing systems.
- Onboarding of all new employees involving the processing of W-4, I-9, Immigration, and Naturalization form information. Maintains payroll calendar indicating scheduled pay increases and dates when employees are to be added to benefit programs that require payroll deductions. Explains to employees about direct deposit and savings options.
- Makes required revisions to employee information such as change of address, withholdings or regular deductions. Processes deductions and garnishments, and requests vendor checks for various assignments
- Records tardiness or unauthorized personal time for approving managers. Records sick, personal, and vacation time on payroll records of all employees.
- Explains fringe benefits to available employees, processes and checks employee enrollment forms and forwards paperwork to insurance carriers and pension administrator in a timely manner.
- Prepares and records all federal payroll tax deposits and all payroll reports in a timely fashion.
- Prepares and submits quarterly payroll tax returns and reports after review by Comptroller
- Assists in developing, implementing computer tracking systems, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Corresponds to question concerns from employees and all outside entities
- Corresponds with the HR Director and Accounts Payable personnel to ensure accurate information for payments
- Process annual W-2's, 1094/1095 forms, 401(k) annual compliance reports
- Balance and Reconcile Insurance Billing and Schedules
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Associate’s Degree (Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field preferred)
- Accurate and meticulous in data entry
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Minimum one year payroll department experience preferred
- Must be versed in Microsoft Office with the ability to process basic functions and formulas in Microsoft Excel
- Familiar with Jenzabar operating system desired
- Strong analytical/numerical capabilities and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be attentive, strong attention to detail and maintain confidentiality
- Must have initiative to develop new procedures to enhance payroll proficiencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to perform mathematical computations. Ability to follow rules and regulations. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee and system records.
Applications are available on-line at www.nhsc.edu
Please forward completed NHSC application, cover letter, resume, and three (3) reference letters to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College
P.O. Box 490 / 220 College Drive
New Town, ND 58763