POSITION SUMMARY Manage all phases of recruitment, admissions and enrollment functions for adult learners and readmit students. Develop and sustain relationships with guidance counselors, advisors, and student influencers to recruit prospective and returning students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. 40% TERRITORY MANAGEMENT
• Manage and execute all aspects of recruitment and admissions strategies through the utilization of an integrated data driven enrollment management methodology to achieve or exceed the pre-determined quantitative goals.
• Establish and maintain active interpersonal relationships with prospective students and external school contacts to effectively promote the University and provide information about academic degree programs.
• Utilize the office’s customer relations management system to manage communication flow of prospective students within assigned regional and national territory.
• Execute continual written and telephone communication to prospective students to engage them in the recruitment and admissions process to generate enrollment.
• Maintain communications with prospective students and school guidance/career counselors and advisors within assigned regional and national territory through direct and electronic mail, telephone and text messages, social media and other outlets.
• Collect and submit prospective student official documents; provide unofficial transcript evaluation to determine whether the prospective student meets freshmen admissions criterion.
• Work with all students interested in readmission to the university from initial contact to registration.
• Inform readmits of admission decisions and refer students to appropriate resources regarding suspension, registration, and program questions.
2. 35% TRAVEL
• Participate in the development of recruitment team annual travel matrix in collaboration with the Director of Undergraduate Admissions and other members of the leadership team.
• Attend and represent the University at national and regional college fairs.
• Coordinate personal visits to high schools, community colleges, and other venues as appropriate to assigned regional and national territory to generate prospective student interest and/or applications.
• Travel will encompass both independent and team travel and frequently driving long distances that require overnight stays.
• Evening and weekend work hours and travel are required when necessary.
• Complete appropriate travel paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
3. 10% ANNAUL RECRUITMENT EVENTS
• Participate in the development and execution of on-campus and off-campus annual recruitment activities/events to promote and market the University. Events can include Campus Preview Days, Open Houses, New Student Orientations and other internal and external events.
• Coordinate and participate in recruitment campaigns both individually and as a member of the recruitment team.
4. 8% DEPARTMENTAL DAILY OPERATIONS
• Great and meet prospective students/families that visit the campus and provide information about academic programs, admissions criteria and application and enrollment processes and procedures. Refer visitors to our Visit registrations tools to schedule group and individualized campus experiences.
• Provide presentations to small and large groups of prospective students, families, and others that visit the campus.
• Assist Dragon Ambassadors with prospective student campus tours to showcase academic buildings, residence halls and student life as needed.
• Participate in targeted outbound telephone campaigns during evening hours.
• Provide coverage at reception desk and answer telephones as needed.
5. 5% OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
• Provide assistance as needed with a variety of projects that relate to departmental and institutional recruitment and admissions initiatives.
• Serve on University and/or departmental committees.
6. 2% PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• Participate in professional development opportunities offered by the University to enhance leadership, social and technical skills.
• Participate in professional development opportunities and conferences offered by professional organizations to enhance and maintain knowledge of current recruitment and admissions industry best practice standards. Organizations like AACRAO, NACAC, and DACAC
• Maintain current knowledge of University academic programs and student services to ensure accurate information is provided to prospective students.
7. 100% The following responsibilities do not lead themselves to any percent of time breakdown. These are behavioral responsibilities that all staff are expected to exhibit 100% of the time and are not added to the total percent of time for other responsibilities.
• Be sensitive in my dealings with other personnel, visitors, and students, so that all are treated in a respectful, professional, and humane manner
• Be respectful of and sensitive to the rights, responsibilities and duties of others, and respectful of the human rights of all racial, ethnic, and religious groups, including but not limited to protected groups as defined by state statue.
• Maintain professional level of conduct and interaction with other staff so that staff dissension is minimized.
• Maintain control and composure during difficult and stressful situations to instill a calming effect on others.
• Maintain a professional distance in relationships with students and their families.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform duties and responsibilities described above:
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Effective oral and written skills
• Ability to make presentations to large and small groups
• Ability to effectively engage with diverse populations
• Computer literate
• Willingness and ability to work an unconventional work schedule that includes evenings and weekends
• Able to perform overnight travel and possess a valid driver's license
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Professional Licensure/Certification: N/A
Experience: # of years__N/A_type of experience:
Which types of experience might be substituted for the education requirements? None
Other Special Requirements:
Extensive travel is required that will include driving long distances that required overnight stays. Evening and weekend hours are required when necessary and a valid driver’s license is essential. Must have ability to lift, load, and unload recruitment publications and promotional items.
One or more years of customer service experience. Experience utilizing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
For more information or to apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2191146
Minnesota State University Moorhead is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity/Diversity Employer and Educator.