AANIIIH NAKODA COLLEGE
Position: Desktop Support Specialist
Job summary: To provide the best quality service to student and staff. The position is full-time, 12-month, non-supervisory. This position is supervised by the Manager of Information Systems, Information Technology Department. This position is responsible for providing Level 3 Desktop Support for all campus related issues concerning computers and network. Provides campus support for OS related products such as Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, and commonly used applications on the desktop. Other responsibilities include the integration of Microsoft office suite technologies onto the platform, virtual network integration technologies and the management of troubleshooting tools used in the diagnostics of desktop/laptop issues. If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
- Conduct first-level problem diagnosis and determine the most effective standard methods to restore service
- Respond to client trouble tickets and identify the nature of the problems in a timely manner
- Provide weekly/monthly Matrix reporting as designated
- Manage the team trouble queue
- Develop and maintain quality relationships within TI organization & matrix partners
- Assist application support groups in troubleshooting and resolving all application issues
- Conduct follow-up calls to clients, application groups and external vendors.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Actively participate in self-improvement and training curricula to fulfill competency requirements
- Identify reoccurring issues and determine the root cause, own the problem until resolution
- Proactively manage the environment to prevent major desktop issues
- Participate in team discussions and share knowledge with other team members
- Must be able to work outside, inside, enclosed spaces, crawl spaces, and general office environment.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects like computers, printers, and switches and conduct repetitious work.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, computers, or office technology, an associate degree is required in business administration, management, computers or office technology
- Must possess at least 2-4 years of experience
- Preferred 1-2 years of customer service experience
- 2 years experience in desktop support role
- Experience/understanding of how technology infrastructure integrates within the overall technology function to achieve objectives
- Good understanding of the overall industry with a drive towards innovation
- Leadership and organizational skills ability to own, track, and prioritize multiple work streams
- Excellent communication skills required for user and team interaction
- Excellent Microsoft OS, Linux and office skills
- Experience with databases
- Must have knowledge of indigenous tribes and possess cultural sensitivity to people of color
Salary According to the ANC Salary Scale; commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Submit to apply:
Letter of Application; 2) Current Resume; 3) Official College Transcripts; 4) 3 current letters of recommendations. Please have letters for recommendation correlate with the job you are applying for. Please send application to Aaniiih Nakoda College, Assistant to the President, PO Box 159, Harlem, MT 59526. For more information call 406-353-2607 x 3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Aaniiih Nakoda College does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference or membership or non-membership in an employee organization except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
January 28, 2021/hh/mb