AANIIIH NAKODA COLLEGE
KGVA 88.1 FM Radio Station
Position: KGVA Radio Announcer (DJ)
Performance Description: To provide the best quality student and community service. The position is full-time, 12-month. This position is supervised by the KGVA Radio Station Manager.
Performance Responsibilities: In accordance with the Aaniiih Nakoda College Mission Statement and College Core Themes and Goals, the KGVA Radio Announcer shall:
- perform on-air shift programming/announcing;
- coordinate and obtain public service announcement (PSA) from community stakeholders (schools, community members, organizations);
- support and manage areas of production work and sharing ideas for programming;
- operate the broadcasting board;
- operate media players;
- conduct daily duties following the precise format;
- follow office etiquette regarding positive public service;
- assist the underwriting efforts with the KGVA staff and Transitional Team;
- conduct interviews and write scripts for local programming.
- Associate degree preferred in communications or journalism, broadcasting, or related field; high school diploma or HiSET certification required.
- Must learn the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules and regulations regarding announcing protocols.
- Must be able to take readings of the optimode and log the readings on appropriate Federal forms.
- Must be familiar and follow the KGVA Radio Station Policies and Procedures.
- Must be familiar and follow the Aaniiih Nakoda College Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Must be able to work independently, willing to work flexible hours, and work seasonal shifts.
- Must possess good mechanical skills for the maintenance of radio equipment.
- Must possess good interviewing skills.
- Must possess experience as a team player.
- Must have knowledge of indigenous tribes and possess cultural sensitivity to people of color.
Salary According to the ANC Salary Scale; commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Submit to apply:
- Letter of Application; 2) Current Resume; 3) Official College Transcripts; 4) 3 current letters of recommendations. Please have letters for recommendation correlate with the job you are applying for. Please send application to Aaniiih Nakoda College, Assistant to the President, PO Box 159, Harlem, MT 59526. For more information call 406-353-2607 x 3901 or email@example.com. Open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Aaniiih Nakoda College does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference or membership or non-membership in an employee organization except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
January 14, 2021/gs/mb