AANIIIH NAKODA COLLEGE
KGVA 88.1 FM Radio Station
Position: KGVA Radio Program Director
Performance Description: To provide the best quality student and community service. The position is full-time, 12-month. This position is supervised by the KGVA Radio Station Manager
Performance Responsibilities: In accordance with the Aaniiih Nakoda College Mission Statement and College Core Themes and Goals, the KGVA Program Director shall:
- To provide quality programming with the financial and equipment resources available.
- To address programming conversion and updating broadcast functions following the KGVA Transitional Policies.
- To develop and implement programming, i.e., health, education, cultural enhancement, college, and community events, but not limited to these.
- Collaborate with KGVA Board of Directors with programming.
- To manage the FCC website on-line program/issues report file (ten local programming issues quarterly).
- To manage automated programs and equipment.
- To manage production programs and equipment.
- To manage all production studio activity.
- To manage grant funded programming projects and activities.
- To manage fund-raising (underwriting) efforts with the Station Manager.
- Coordinate and train all volunteers and temporary employees: voicing (live broadcasting), delivery, and recording of on-air checks (ARC and EMS Alerts).
- Collaborate with Station Manager and staff with remote broadcasts.
- Collaborate with Station Manager to develop and implement station goals and objectives and be an active member of the KGVA Transition Team.
- Support and maximize individual staff skill sets; build open working rapport with radio station staff and volunteers.
- Plan, conduct, and record life interviews.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate activities for KGVA with Station Manager for events and activities that will enhance the KGVA profile.
- Be willing to respond to 24-hour standby to keep KGVA on air.
- Must be willing to learn the mechanics of KGVA to trouble-shoot equipment maintenance.
- To be assigned “acting” capacity in the absence of the Station Manager for continued day-to-day operations.
- Must be a part of the radio announcer rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree required in communications or journalism, broadcasting, or related field.
- Must be familiar with and follow with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules and regulations, including the conversion of analog to digital programming functions.
- Must be familiar and follow the KGVA Radio Station Policies and Procedures.
- Must be familiar and follow the Aaniiih Nakoda College Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent managerial and organization skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must possess good mechanical skills for the maintenance of radio equipment.
- Must possess good interviewing skills.
- Must possess experience as a team player.
- Must have knowledge of indigenous tribes and possess cultural sensitivity to people of color.
Salary According to the ANC Salary Scale; commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Submit to apply:
- Letter of Application; 2) Current Resume; 3) Official College Transcripts; 4) 3 current letters of recommendations. Please have letters for recommendation correlate with the job you are applying for. Please send application to Aaniiih Nakoda College, Assistant to the President, PO Box 159, Harlem, MT 59526. For more information call 406-353-2607 x 3901 or email@example.com. Open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Aaniiih Nakoda College does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference or membership or non-membership in an employee organization except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
January 14, 2021/gs/mb