Aaniiih Nakoda College
Position: Education and Early Childhood Education Instructor
Aaniiih Nakoda College is seeking a full-time Education and Early Childhood Education Instructor. The instructor is responsible for teaching students in classroom and lab environments. The instructor shall assist with the recruitment and retention of students in the teacher education program. The instructor shall maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice and trends in early childhood education and elementary education. The instructor shall actively participate in college life and activities. Under the supervision of the Dean of Academic Affairs; the instructor shall:
- Teach a minimum of 12-15 credits per semester;
- Manage early childhood education and education laboratories as needed;
- Serve as academic advisor to students in the Early Childhood Education and Education programs;
- Serve on curriculum committee and other committees as assigned;
- Perform program assessment activities;
- Coordinate the review and revision of the education programs;
- Work closely with the Headstart program and headstart grant through SCC;
- Supervise students research and internship activities; and,
- Be willing to work with a full range of college students.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of and unreserved commitment to Aaniiih Nakoda College’s mission and educational philosophy;
- Understanding and demonstrated of knowledge in higher educational and vocational training;
- Solid knowledge and experience in the field of education;
- Strong pedagogical understanding of developmentally appropriate practice for how children learn;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Student advising and transcript evaluation;
- Gifts of teaching and leadership both in the classroom and beyond; and,
- Ability to integrate academic and cultural understanding.
The Teacher Education Instructor will responsible for teaching any or all of the following courses:
- EDEC 100 Intro to EC w/Lab (4 credits)
- EDEC 220 Meeting the Needs of Family (3 credits)
- EDEC 220 EC Curriculum and Environment (3 credits)
- EDEC 230 Guiding the Young Child (3 credits)
- EDEC 265 Leadership and Professionalism (3 credits)
- EDEC 290 Field Experience (3 credits)
- EDU 201 Intro to Education w/Lab (4 credits)
- EDU 235 American Indian Education
- EPYC 200 Educational Psychology (3 credits)
- EPYC 250 Exceptional Children (3 credits)
- Math 130 Math for Elementary Teachers I
- Math 131 Math for Elementary Teachers II
- Minimum a Master’s degree in Education with an area of emphasis in Education (Broad field) or Early Childhood Education; a doctorate degree in education is preferred;
- Experience teaching in the early childhood age bracket;
- Must be knowledgeable of tribal colleges;
- Experience in and/or commitment to teaching community college students.
- Minimum 2 years of instruction, preferably adult learners;
- A strong background in postsecondary education is preferred;
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
According to the ANC Salary Scale, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Submit: 1) Letter of Application; 2) Current Resume; 3) Official College Transcripts; 4) 3 current letters of recommendations. Please have letters of recommendation correlate with the job you are applying for. Please send application to Aaniiih Nakoda College, Assistant to the President, PO Box 159, Harlem, MT 59526. For more information call 406-353-2607 x 222 or visit the website www.ancollege.edu or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. An incomplete application will not be considered.
Aaniiih Nakoda College does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference or membership or non-membership in an employee organization except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.