The Shelton School District, Shelton, Washington, Board of Directors, is seeking a highly qualified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2021.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Directors in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 22 miles north of Olympia
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The Board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired characteristics.
- LEADERSHIP: Our next superintendent drives creativity, innovation, and excellence in our schools through a positive, supportive, and approachable leadership style that prioritizes trust-building, collaboration, and personal connections. The superintendent collaborates with the Squaxin Island and Skokomish Tribal Governments and also creates and improves organizational systems, ensures compliance, and demonstrates fiscal responsibility.
- VISION: Our next superintendent encourages and welcomes every member of the Shelton School District community to participate fully in advancing our schools and community through collaboratively developed goals that inspire greatness while enhancing curriculum offerings for all students of all abilities and bolstering traditionally underrepresented groups.
- LISTENING & COMMUNICATION: Our next superintendent is a skilled communicator, intent on engaging and listening to all stakeholders. This includes specific communication strategies to reach members of our diversity-rich community who have not always felt their voices heard and validated.
- COMMUNITY: Our next superintendent sees the Shelton School District and community as the place of choice for families. Our superintendent will be highly visible and involved in the community, embracing, and intentionally working to further relationships with our communities.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: Our next superintendent values the dignity and uniqueness of each individual and is an enthusiastic advocate for all children, ensuring appropriate services and supports are in place to set each child up for success. The superintendent weaves our unique programs and cultures into a school district that interests and attracts families and their students.
- Closing date for applications: February 25, 2021 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- Board of Directors selects finalists to interview: March 18, 2021
- Interviews with the Board of Directors: March 27-31, 2021
- Selection of new Superintendent: Early April, 2021
- Start date: July 1, 2021