Open until filled
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Academic Dean, supports the academic mission by providing services, advocacy, and crisis management for students through leadership and management, creative problem solving, accessibility, and accountability. Incumbent ensures efficient and effective management of all Student Services functions of the college, including admissions, financial aid, registrar, and kitchen services, and other duties as assigned by the Academic Dean.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, authorizes, and directs the policies, procedures, programming, and activities of Student Services areas including: Financial Aid, Admissions, Registrar, and Kitchen Services to ensure compliance with HLC accreditation, WETCC mission and standards, federal compliance requirements and all applicable regulations.
- Maintains control over the inventory, budget, and expenditures of the Student Services department and is responsible for the appropriate utilization of funds.
- Oversees monitoring and preparation of various fiscal and technical reports such as IPEDS, AIMS, and more on behalf of WETCC.
- Responsible for seeking grants opportunities and developing proposals for grant funding in collaboration with the Academic Dean to enhance Student Services, in conformance with the approved strategic plan.
- Facilitates recruitment, orientation, and retention of Student Services staff.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining collaborative tribal, local, and regional relationships for advancing the WETCC mission and assigned department’s priority focus areas.
- Gathers data, creates reports, and shares information with pertinent staff to assist in decision-making.
- Advises individuals and groups on matters pertaining to personal problems, educational and vocational objectives, social and recreational activities, and financial assistance.
- Designs and develops the coordination of policies and procedures relative to student activities by collaborating with the Academic Dean and other departments.
- Responsible to complete the annual WETCC Catalog, Student Handbook, School Calendar, and more.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the Student Information Management System.
- All other duties assigned as related to position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a higher education setting and 3 years supervisory experience, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of computers and a Student Information Management System.
- Thorough knowledge of student services.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills and the capacity to supervise and lead assigned staff.
- Excellent organizational and research skills.
- Ability to provide a welcoming environment where students can come to express concerns.
Apply online at: http://www.wetcc.edu
Or submit completed application, letter of intent, and resume to:
White Earth Tribal and Community College
PO Box 478 - 2250 College Road
Mahnomen, MN 56557