Job Title: Administrative Assistant- Administration and Finance
Reports To: Dean of Finance
Status: Full-time/ Regular/ Hourly
Salary: $15.00 an hour
SUMMARY: Basic knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and departmental policies and procedures are required at this level. Responsibilities may include providing organizational or departmental information to students; compiling data and reports; scheduling appointments and meetings; processing requisitions; planning special events; reviewing, revising and distributing standard documents and correspondence; ordering supplies; tracking purchase orders; and performing basic quantitative and qualitative reviews of data. The Assistant will support the T-So:son (Our Core Values) including T-Wohocudadag – Our Beliefs, T-Apedag – Our Well-Being, T-Pi:k Elida – Our Deepest Respect and I-We:mta – Working Together.
- Initiates, processes, and reviews routine and/or specialized paperwork, forms, reports, and/or confidential information related to assigned area of responsibility, ensuring completeness and accuracy of information; maintains related records;
- Performs various clerical duties, utilizing standard office equipment, to include: screening incoming calls; taking and transmitting messages; distributing mail; making photocopies; performing data entry; and scheduling appointments and/or department activities;
- Responds to requests for information, in person, via e-mail, and over the phone; answers routine questions and provides information; directs visitors to appropriate locations;
- Prepares and/or enters a variety of information into applicable documents, spreadsheets, documents, invoices, databases, logs, forms, and/or other related areas, utilizing established guidelines and procedures;
- Drafts and types a variety of documents, including letters, memos, contracts, and/or other related documents;
- Mails and distributes a variety of College catalogs, newsletters, messages, and/or other related documents;
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- High School Diploma or GED, and up to one year of additional training beyond college; and two to three years of office support experience.
Additional Consideration May Be Given To Individuals with the Following Qualifications:
- Ability to speak and understand O’odham and/or Spanish.
- Knowledge and understanding in the history and contemporary issues facing Native peoples.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license with no DUI's or major traffic offenses within the past year.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Customer service principles;
- Communication methods and techniques;
- Data collection and analysis techniques;
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment;
- Filing and recordkeeping principles;
- Records management techniques;
- Basic office equipment maintenance procedures.
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Providing customer service;
- Compiling and tabulating data;
- Preparing correspondence and filing;
- Processing information utilizing established procedures;
- Maintaining records and files;
- Maintaining and using office equipment;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.