Job Title: IT Support Technician I ( 1 Open Positions)
Reports To: IT Manager
Status: Full-time/ Regular/ Hourly
Salary: $19.50 an hour
Summary: The IT Support Technician I is responsible for performing complex IT support functions that could include; troubleshooting and repairing hardware and software problems; performing simple and complex installations and updates; training and supporting system users; monitoring and maintaining databases; and creating procedural documentation. The IT Support Technician will support the T-So:Son (Our Core Values) including T-Wohocudadag – Our Beliefs, T-Apedag – Our Well-Being, T-Pi:k Elida – Our Deepest Respect and I-We:mta – Working Together.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware;
- Track, and maintain complete computer inventory list;
- Assists end users in resolving hardware and software issues by fielding telephone calls and email communication, diagnosing problems and performing troubleshooting activities;
- Provides support utilizing all available tools, including remote access support and other tools;
- Interacts and communicate with users to fulfill IT requests, document, track and monitor and resolve issues on a timely manner;
- Installs, maintains and repairs telecommunications components to ensure the network is functioning at peak efficiency;
- Set up, configure, and maintain network printers;
- Installs, tests, monitors, upgrades, troubleshoots and repairs computer systems, networks and peripherals;
- Manage, maintain user account information, including rights, security and systems groups; and related objects;
- Relies on established guidelines and instructions to perform daily job functions;
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in computer science, information technology, web design, programming, or related field; and/or related two years of IT experience.
Additional Consideration May Be Given to Individuals with the Following Qualifications:
- Ability to speak and understand O’odham and/or Spanish.
- Knowledge and understanding in the history and contemporary issues facing Native peoples.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license with no DUI's or major traffic offenses within the past year.
- Must successfully pass a background check and fingerprint clearance.
- Computer programming languages;
- Industry tools and processes;
- Website and technology analysis and design principles;
- Client/server environments;
- Operating systems; Windows OS, Apple iOS, Apple OS X, and Linux.
- Research methods;
- Customer service principles;
- Applicable hardware and software.
- Analyzing problems and recommending appropriate solutions;
- Communicating technical information to a non-technical audience;
- Testing and debugging applications;
- Providing customer service;
- Conducting research;
- Troubleshooting technological problems;
- Programming applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Self-Motivated with a Desire to Advance
- Strong communication and organizational skills