Fermilab is America’s premier laboratory for particle physics and accelerator research, funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. We support discovery science experiments in Illinois and at locations around the world, including deep underground mines in South Dakota and Canada, mountaintops in Arizona and Chile, and the South Pole.
We are strategic risk takers, innovators and collaborators. We are engineers, scientists, technicians, administrative professionals. We are 1,800 employees advancing knowledge for the benefit of humankind. Fermilab has been at the forefront of particle physics for more than 40 years. We build world-leading accelerators and detectors to conduct some of the most advanced particle physics experiments possible. We collect and analyze the data from those experiments with some of the most powerful computers in the world. We conduct this research on a 6,800-acre prairie, 35 miles outside Chicago, a treasure that has been designated a National Environmental Research Park.
Fermilab’s Talent Acquisition, Diversity and Inclusion department in the Workforce Development and Resources Section has an opening for a Technical Recruiter responsible for strategically identifying, interviewing and placing top talent by utilizing creative sourcing approaches and advanced recruitment research techniques, including professional networks, direct and niche recruiting, referrals, social media and web-based platforms.
- Provide high level full-cycle talent acquisition expertise to hiring managers at all levels of the organization to source quality candidates by analyzing job specifications, reviewing required skills and identifying leadership qualities needed to build strategic recruitment plans.
- Use bold recruiting and sourcing methodologies to identify qualified scientific, engineering, technical, information technology and operations talent.
- Invest in the long-term growth and success of your hiring teams by developing positive relationships and empowering your hiring managers to make informed hiring decisions using behavioral interviewing techniques. You will serve on interview committees.
- Use strong consultative communication to signal a sense of urgency for both hiring manager and candidate priorities.
- Champion and drive a diversity and inclusion agenda throughout the recruiting and onboarding processes.
We Are Looking For:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years full-life cycle recruitment.
- 7 years of work experience in a scientific, technical, engineering or academic environment.
- Respect and understanding of the value of individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
- Success in sourcing/recruiting candidates and building talent pipelines for current and future-state organizational needs.
- Demonstrated success with recruiting technical professionals.
- Confidence in advising and collaborating with all levels of internal and external partners.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative data analysis, research, critical thinking, technical writing, and communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with WorkDay Recruiting.
- Advanced proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite of applications, i.e. Excel Pivot Tables, for data mining to develop workforce metrics reports to interpret trends in hiring. MS Access proficiency helpful.
- Professionalism, enthusiasm, integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Relocation is not available for this position
Diverse people. Diverse jobs. Great science.
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans are encouraged to apply.