AANIIIH NAKODA COLLEGE
Fort Belknap Agency, Montana
NURSE EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
Aaniiih Nakoda College is seeking an innovative, experienced Nursing Instructor for the “Grow Our Own” Nursing Education Program (NEP). This is a fulltime instructional nonsupervisory (faculty) position.
The Nursing Education Instructor shall:
- provide classroom, laboratory and clinical instruction for the Nursing Education Program;
- serve as academic advisor for all nursing students;
- develop and implement training program curricula;
- develop and implement assessment plans for measuring student achievement of course and program learning outcomes;
- serve on the Aaniiih Nakoda College Curriculum Committee;
- coordinate clinical experiences with participating health care facilities;
- provide direct oversight of trainees’ clinical performance and maintain frequent contact with clinical preceptors;
- organize individual and small-group tutorial services;
- lead study sessions in preparation for State and Federal licensure examinations;
- work with the Nursing Director in maintaining compliance with the Montana State Board of Nursing standards;
- travel to various clinical sites along the Hi-Line and elsewhere to ensure quality of clinical performance and service.
- Required Masters in Nursing (MSN);
- A minimum of two years of experience in nursing practice;
- Possess a current license to practice nursing in the State of Montana;
- Experience in teaching a nursing education program; with experience teaching in a clinical situation;
- Experience in teaching entry level nursing courses, with an emphasis in the area of expertise (geriatric) and is willing to participate in this area of clinical;
- Experience or is willing to learn the indigenous ways of teaching and learning;
- Is self-motived, organized, astute in modern technology and familiar with simulation laboratory clinical experiences for nursing training;
- Can mentor, advise, tutor and is responsible for placing students in in clinical sites;
- Can demonstrate a commitment to the Mission of Aaniiih Nakoda College and is willing to serve the Fort Belknap Indian Community and the broader region;
- Experience as a team player, a person of action who is willing to travel to the broadly spaced clinical sites for student supervision, mentoring and being a role model for others;
- Can demonstrate a cultural sensitivity and humility for all members of the community and is a professional with expert training and knowledge.
According to ANC salary scale.
How to apply:
Submit 1) Letter of Application; 2) Current Resume; 3) College Transcripts; 4) 3 current letters of recommendation. Please have letters of recommendation correlate with the job you are applying for. Please send application to Aaniiih Nakoda College, Assistant to the President, PO Box 159, Harlem, MT 59526.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Open until filled.
Aaniiih Nakoda College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference or membership or non-membership in an employee organization except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.