In partnership with the Executive Director, the Associate Executive Director of the CSU Health Network (CSUHN) provides vision and strategic planning for the CSUHN and support of the Leadership Team. The Associate Executive Director is committed to providing leadership for integrative, innovative and comprehensive health care of the highest quality in a University environment. The CSU Health Network’s vision is to be a national leader in campus community health care.
The Associate Executive Director is directly responsible for the business, fiscal, and operations management of the CSU Health Network which is composed of Medical Services, Counseling Services and Health Education and Prevention Services in an integrated organizational unit. The Associate Executive Director engages in direct leadership of all business functions such as budget development, management, and planning, health care related areas such as health insurance billing and coding and medical records. If coming from the private sector, the Associate Executive Director must be able to transfer these technical skills to an Integrated University Health Care environment (medical, mental health, health promotion) with the mission to directly serve students and support their academic success. The Associate Executive Director reports directly to the Executive Director of the CSU Health Network and serves in the absence of the Executive Director.
The Associate Executive Director will plan, oversee and coordinate capital operating expenditures and fiscal systems with self-generated revenues exceeding 10 million dollars. Internally the position provides oversight to Business Services, Administration and Operations. The Associate Executive Director has a working knowledge of accreditation processes, risk management, privacy laws, and electronic health records.
This position has five (5) Administrative Professional and four (4) State Classified Direct Reports and 42 Indirect Reports.
· Accounting Services Manager, Position #016986.0002
· Billing & Coding Manager, Position #018790.0001
· Executive Administrative Assistant, Position #017357.0003
· Facilities and Custodial Services Manager, #015436.0002
· Human Resources Manager, #019079.0001
· Medical Access Center Manager, #008916.0005
· Medical Records Manager, #015680.0003
· Student Experience, Access and Registration Manager, #020985.0003
· Student Insurance Manager, #017572.0001
· 3 State Classified staff – Accounting
· 5 State Classified staff – Billing & Coding
· 11 State Classified staff – Facilities and Custodial Services
· 2 State Classified staff – Human Resources
· 3 State Classified staff – Medical Access Center
· 2 State Classified staff – Medical Records
· 11 State Classified staff – Student Experience, Access and Registration
· 5 State Classified staff – Student Insurance
· Directly responsible for decision making related to all finances and operations in an organization with a more than $20m budget and 200 staff.
· Direct supervision for numerous departments and strategic planning for clinical and nonclinical health care operations
· Knowledge application and final decision making related to university financial and policy compliance, health care, insurance and billing regulations, health care compliance and privacy regulations
Conditions of Employment
· Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Special Requirements/Other - For the protection of patients and staff, the CSU Health Network follows CDC guidelines for employee health. Vaccinations must be up to date according to CSU Health Network Employee Health policy, or you must be willing to become current with requirements
Required Job Qualifications Education:
· Master’s degree in a Business, Health Care, Higher Education, Administration, Operations, Organizational Leadership, or related field
· Five years of progressively responsible organizational leadership experience, including management and planning
· Five years of supervisory experience of full-time professionals
· Five years of budget development and fiscal management experience
Preferred Job Qualifications Experience:
· Experience in health care related business services, such as cost accounting, insurance billing, or health care management experience
· Experience in University management
· Experience in an integrated health care setting (medical, behavioral health, and health promotion)
· Experience managing multiple revenue sources and expense controls
· Experience managing facility operations and human resources
· Commitment to and experience working effectively with diverse people, cultures, and communities