ABOUT BERRY COLLEGE:
Located on more than 27,000 acres in northwest Georgia in a setting of great natural beauty,Berry College has an enrollment of about 2,200 undergraduate and graduate students. The college is located in Rome, Georgia, 75 miles northwest of Atlanta and 75 miles south of Chattanooga, Tennessee. As a comprehensive liberal-arts college with a distinctive mission and purpose, Berry unites a challenging academic program with practical work experience in a context that nurtures spiritual and moral growth, including significant service to others.
We seek faculty who are committed to excellence as teachers-scholars-mentors and staff who are also committed to serving as mentors and supervisors for students who work on campus. Although not required, more than 90 percent of our students participate in our premier student work program. Employee benefits are competitive.
Berry College seeks an experienced, innovative, and collaborative leader to oversee its blended environment of cloud and on-premise based systems and storage environments and the transformation of its infrastructure to support College strategies and leverage technology change. This position is an excellent opportunity to experience broad and diverse technologies, participate in the development of strategic directions, manage key vendor relationships, research emerging technologies, and be a leader in the on-going transformation of core infrastructure technologies. The Director leads a team of six staff within the Infrastructure Services unit.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Director of IT Infrastructure Services is responsible for the implementation and operation of all technology infrastructure deployed at Berry College, which includes the data center, cloud services, fiber optic network and telephony, service monitoring, servers, storage and related software. The Director - IT Infrastructure functions in a leadership and management role, exercising strong management, communication, and planning skills while applying extensive and wide-ranging technical knowledge to effectively oversee the administration of Berry's technology infrastructure and systems and direct a staff of network and systems specialists. The position is also responsible for participating in the overall OIT strategic planning; development of relevant processes, procedures, and documents; managing the change management review process; decision making; and representing OIT at campus-level meetings pertinent to Infrastructure Services. Performs related duties as required.
As a member of the leadership team within the Office of Information Technology, actively participates in envisioning strategic IT direction, goals and priorities; makes effective and efficient use of resources; sets high, achievable aspirations for services and operations that align with the college's goals and objectives.
- Develops, proposes, and manages the annual operating budget and long-range financial plans for systems, storage and database technology that accommodate a shift to a hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Develops, proposes and oversees strategies to blend cloud and on-premise infrastructure consistent with IT strategies and College policy.
- Sets the departmental vision, provides direction for the successful execution of short and long-term goals, and engages with other OIT departments and business unit leadership, ensuring that processes and strategies evolve to meet current support and other functional demands.
- Partners with stakeholders to align and prioritize current and future IT infrastructure initiatives in support of the stakeholders' objectives and business needs.
- Guides teams responsible for evaluating existing IT hardware solutions and identifies areas to improve standards, simplify, automate, and enhance functionality to improve long-term supportability.
- Motivates, leads, and develops a team of diverse individuals with a variety of experience levels and skill sets to provide best in class levels of service for the college.
- Mentors and advises staff to facilitate the development of the skills required to support current and future technologies and to adapt to a hybrid cloud/on-premises based strategy.
- Develops annual employee mentoring and work plans. Coordinates staff technical training. Makes hiring decisions, evaluates performance, provides staff feedback and administers corrective action when necessary. Develop or supervise the development of multi-departmental system project management activities.
- Creates a strategic roadmap and implementation plan based on business requirements and industry best practices for technology architecture.
- Ensures business critical vendor partners are effectively aligned and executing to established requirements and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Assists in the creation, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Operational Level Agreements (OLA) and ensures systems meet or exceed customer expectations as identified within these SLAs and OLAs.
- Ensures that infrastructure teams have developed standardized work processes that are regularly updated through lessons learned from previous projects and consistently applied.
- Oversees the management of hardware project planning and allocation of resources; including providing direction and guidance to the IT Infrastructure Services team.
- Establishes and maintains policies, procedures, and processes.
- Participates in the preparation, maintenance, and periodic testing of the campus Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan, to ensure the continuity of computing and communication services in the case of an event that renders IT services inoperative.
- Collaborates with IT stakeholders to ensure solid disaster recovery architecture and operations including on-premise and cloud technologies such as storage area networks, high availability servers, telephone and data communications, and network architecture.
- Participates in construction planning and supervises technology related areas of new construction and renovation projects.
- Understands the Office 365 suite, concentrating on Exchange, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive and Office Applications.
- Possesses a proficiency with scripting technologies such as Powershell.
- Possesses experience with enterprise O365 and Azure Active directory (AzureAD) environments.
- Possesses an understanding of IT Security and Security & Compliance for PCI-DSS, DMCA, FERPA and HIPAA as it relates to system administration and implementation.
- Possesses technical certifications and/or coursework in areas such as A+, Network+, Server+, CCNA, MCP, MCITP, PMP (project management).
- Maintains the VOIP and camera systems along with the college's fire and security systems.
Report to: Chief Information Officer
Direct Supervision: Network and Telecommunications Services Managers, Network Support Analysts, IT Systems Administrators, Infrastructure and Data Communications Managers.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field from an accredited college or university, or a comparable combination of industry related certifications in IT infrastructure
- Ten years of experience in areas of information systems, IT infrastructure support, and/or systems or network administration
- Five years of experience managing and leading IT technical professionals
- Demonstrated experience managing cloud-based services
- Project management experience with proven project management skills
- Customer service skills with the demonstrated ability to explain technical services and solutions to non-IT audiences
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and familiarity with cloud service providers
- Technical knowledge of virtualization platforms and hardware platforms such as servers, storage, networking and telecommunications
- Knowledge of network and systems infrastructure design and planning
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Strong project management skills with the ability to ensure completion of department initiatives and recommendations
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to create effective project work teams
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with problem root cause analysis.
All applicants should complete the online application at https://berry.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=126128 and attach a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.