Senior Systems Technician
Reports To: IT Manager
Status: Full-time/ Regular/ Salary
Salary: $39,834 DOE
SUMMARY: The Senior Systems Technician (SST) is responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of the information systems databases. The SST provides technical expertise in the design, implementation and maintenance of database management systems that support institutional business, learning, teaching and student applications. Additional responsibilities include reporting, data input and output, technology management and end-user training and support. The Senior Systems Technician will support the T-So:son (Our Core Values) including T-Wohocudadag – Our Beliefs, T-Apedag – Our Well-Being, T-Pi:k Elida – Our Deepest Respect and I-We:mta – Working Together.
- Provide support with databases in Jenzabar, Canvas and other systems and assist the IT Manager with new product testing, implementation and training;
- Supports multiple software and hardware systems throughout the organization;
- Collaborate with and offer insights to different internal teams from IT Management, Operations, Special Programs, Grants, Marketing, Human Resources, Teaching, Learning and Finance;
- Making requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data ensuring database security, integrity, stability and system availability;
- Support to Students, staff and guests of TOCC and other IT team members;
- Performs occasional after hour tasks, including but not limited to, restarting systems, application upgrades, hardware maintenance, patching etc.;
- Conducts performance monitoring and provides documentation of issues and recommendations to upper management;
- Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications;
- Optimize system operations, resource utilization and perform system capacity analysis and planning;
- Perform other duties assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science or related field. Or three years of related experience in the information technology industry managing a complex IT operation (servers, networks, security, database, telecom, externally hosted environments).
Additional Consideration May Be Given To Individuals with the Following Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Ability to speak and understand O’odham and/or Spanish.
- Knowledge and understanding in the history and contemporary issues facing Native peoples.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license with no DUI's or major traffic offenses within the past two years.
- Must successfully pass a Background Check.
- Database use and management;
- Customer service principles;
- Applicable hardware and software;
- Computer Hardware and Support;
- Google GSuite, Microsoft Office 365, One Drive, Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Database Programming Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Quickbase;
- Industry tools and processes;
- Client/server environments;
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory;
- Research methods;
- Applicable hardware and software.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to make difficult concepts easy to understand.
- Solid understanding of data analysis.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Analyzing problems and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Communicating technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Testing and debugging applications.
- Providing customer service.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.