Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Reports To: Human Resources Director
Status: Full-time/ Regular/ Hourly
Salary: $15.00 an hour
SUMMARY: The Human Resources Assistant’s duties will include all functions of the human resource’s daily operations and activities. Areas include, but not limited to recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, employee development, employee relations, requests for personnel actions, records maintenance, and human resources management information. The Human Resources Assistant will support the T-Ṣo:ṣon (Our Core Values) including T-Wohocudadag – Our Beliefs, T-Apedag – Our Well-Being, T-Pi:k Elida – Our Deepest Respect and I-We:mta – Working Together.
- Maintain online applicant tracking system (Paychex); enroll new hires in online benefit software system (Clear Path Prime) and in a Higher Education Software Management (Jenzabar);
- Attend career fairs on and off the Tohono O’odham Nation;
- Plan and organize bi-annual health and wellness fairs and participate in college event planning;
- Reconcile bi-weekly payroll and provide backup for the Payroll Technician;
- Provides technical administrative support to the Human Resources function, which may include: sorting records; preparing and disseminating communication materials; and performing other related activities;
- Schedules employees, applicants, and/or other applicable individuals for interviews, orientations, and/or related activities; prepares new hire paperwork, payroll and separation forms; and provides new hire and benefits orientations. Focus on recruitment practices and procedures;
- Compiles and prepares a variety of data;
- Responds to requests for information from employees and/or the general public over the phone, in person, and via e-mail regarding a variety of Human Resources procedures, programs, job opportunities, and/or other related information;
- Performs duties related to the maintenance of HR policies, procedures and systems;
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree or two-year technical certificate in human resources, business administration, or related field; and/or one to two years of human resources support or office assistant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience necessary to perform the essential responsibilities position will be considered.
Additional Consideration May Be Given To Individuals with the Following Qualifications:
- Ability to speak and understand O’odham and/or Spanish.
- Knowledge and understanding in the history and contemporary issues facing Native peoples.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license with no DUI's or major traffic offenses within the past year.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Basic human resources principles and practices;
- Customer service principles;
- Record-keeping principles and practices;
- Modern office practices;
- Basic training principles;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Operating computers and applicable software;
- Preparing reports;
- Compiling data and information;
- Providing customer service;
- Maintaining a variety of records and logs;
- Leading orientation sessions;
- Handling sensitive and confidential issues;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
TOCC is a tribal college located on the Tohono O’odham Nation, 60 miles west of Tucson. The Human Resources Assistant will work closely with members of the Tohono O’odham Nation within a multicultural setting.
The College offers a comprehensive benefit package and 401(k).