Job Title: Recruiter
Reports To: Registrar
Salary: $40,000 – $44,000 annual
SUMMARY: The Recruiter will recruit new students to Tohono O'odham Community College. The Recruiter is responsible for speaking to potential students about the benefit of registering for Tohono O'odham community College academic programs in accordance with the mission, vision, goals and policies of the college. The Recruiter will support the T-So:son (Our Core Values) including T-Wohocudadag - Our Beliefs, T-Apedag - Our Well-Being, T-Pi:k Elida - our Deepest Respect and I-We:mta - Working Together. Tohono O'odham Community College seeds a motivated staff leader with outstanding communication skills and commitment to the recruiting position.
- Works collaboratively with the Registrar to update and implement the student recruitment plan including specific email campaign, phone campaign, and other outreach designed to reach students in remote rural areas;
- Manage TOCC’s social media accounts with current information;
- Facilitate a work group in the development and distribution of marketing and printed materials to showcase TOCC and its programs;
- Serve as the primary organizer and facilitator of events on and off the Tohono O’odham Nation to recruit potential students;
- Facilitate K-12 outreach and recruitment;
- Provide information regarding admissions requirements and program benefits to prospective students and parents via phone, mail and personal visits; follow up with mail, emails, and/or phone calls as appropriate;
- Conduct and lead Student Services meetings regarding recruitment; serve on ad hoc and other committees as needed; including Student Service Division Planning Committee;
- Coordinate campus tours with prospective students and their families;
- Lead coordinator and facilitator in the following areas: All non-K-12 recruitment, community outreach and enrollment activities including; open houses, district and community presentations, training sessions, orientations programs, and career days, etc.;
- Facilitate contacts between student/family and all areas of the college and other campuses;
- Facilitate planning, organization and implementation of special events, college communication, and serve as marketing liaison for recruitment;
- Works collaboratively with the Registrar to develop and manage a recruitment budget;
- Work frequent nights and weekends for recruiting and other related events;
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field required;
- Experience working in a higher educational institution.
Additional Consideration May Be Given To Individuals with the Following Qualifications:
- Ability to speak and understand O’odham and/or Spanish.
- Knowledge and understanding in the history and contemporary issues facing Native people.
- Two years’ experience in higher education preferred.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license with no DUI's or major traffic offenses within the past two years;
- Fingerprint clearance card.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff and community members;
- Must be able to write professionally;
- Must be able to explain academic policies and procedures to incoming students;
- Ability to maintain confidential records, establish and maintain accurate, detailed records;
- Knowledge of educational enterprise management systems;
- Must demonstrate initiative within work environment and work with minimal direction;
- Must be able to work collaboratively with college staff, faculty and students.
- Use a computer and related software applications;
- Interpret and apply applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Implement public relations initiatives;
- Manage projects;
- Speak in public;
- Effective written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills, and customer service skills;
- Compile and analyze data and information and make sound recommendations based on findings;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Provide academic advisement services.
TOCC is a tribal college located on the Tohono O’odham Nation, 60 miles west of Tucson. The Recruiter will work closely with members of the Tohono O’odham Nation within a multicultural setting.
The College offers a comprehensive benefit package and 401(k).