The University of Minnesota Morris, Office of Admissions, seeks a 100% time, 12 month, Data & Operations Coordinator. This position will report to the Director of Admissions. The qualifications for this position are as follows:
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Four years experience and/or coursework in information technology, statistics, economics, or management including database management
- Experience with MS Access & Excel
- Experience with Peoplesoft, Salesforce CRM
- Provide excellent customer service, project management, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a positive manner and evidence of experience in a collaborative team environment;
- Experience working in University environment;
- Demonstrated excellence in collaboration and creating a team-oriented and goal focused environment;
- Ability to function effectively in a complex organizational environment and ability to successfully relate and interact with diverse groups of people.
- Experience with SQL development and extensive work with databases.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other mass email systems.
- A sense of humor, positive demeanor, and the ability to find creative solutions and workarounds is a plus.
The Office of Admissions is the primary source of information about the University of Minnesota,
Morris for prospective students. The office recruits and admits students and facilitates the
connection to the University faculty and staff to discuss programs in which a student is
interested. In addition, it represents and markets the campus through electronic
communications and printed brochures and material regarding all phases of the institution and
its policies and programs.
Purpose of the position
- Lead person responsible for training and maximizing the use of Peoplesoft and Salesforce Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) software in the following recruitment processes: Prospect Generation, Inquiry Management, Application Management, and Admit to Enrollment.
- Primary technical person responsible for system maintenance, troubleshooting, problem solving and liaison contact person with Twin Cities technical professionals and vendors.
- Primary person responsible for implementation of People soft, ImageNow, Web Application, and Salesforce CRM software upgrades and internal software systems.
- Responsible for maintenance and monitoring of databases, source tables and ad hoc reports as needed by department and division.
- Develop and create reports to monitor progress and enable data-driven decision making
- Develop and oversee list management for marketing & communication outreach for student recruitment related to direct mail campaigns, print & electronic communications campaigns to prospective & admitted students, high school counselors and others.
- Independently responsible for reviewing and documenting the unit’s business processes and progress towards goal attainment.
- Independently assess management needs and develop processes and reports that track results of marketing and recruitment activities.
- Independently conduct needs assessment, develop and provide Peoplesoft training to Morris Admissions staff.
- Manage and generate data for use in our telecounseling program and assist in the management of student staff. Includes testing environments.
- Models and promotes respect and effective partnerships in advancing Morris’s efforts to build an inclusive, respectful campus community.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
The employer reserves the right to modify, change or add to the duties of this position, consistent with the classification description, at any time.
To apply for this position go to: http://humanresources.umn.edu/jobs/ enter job ID #336804 in the search job box.
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.