The University of Minnesota, Morris Office of Admissions, seeks a 12 month, 100% time, Assistant Director of Admissions. This position will report to the Director of Admissions. The qualifications for this position are as follows:
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor's degree with at least 4 years of experience
- Valid driver's license
- Demonstrated understanding and strong commitment to the value of a liberal arts education
- Demonstrated commitment to building a diverse, inclusive campus and living community
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills, and strong organizational skills
- Significant contributions to the attainment of institutional enrollment goals, including adding to the collaborative nature/teamwork of the Admissions Office
- Work and lead effectively within a team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and personable
- Proven experience exercising initiative, decision-making, and self-discipline
- Intuitive, organized, and possessing great attention to detail
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Perceptive Content, Salesforce, spreadsheets, word processing, and other modern recruitment software
The Office of Admissions is the primary source of information about the University of Minnesota, Morris for prospective students. The office recruits and admits students and facilitates the connection to the University faculty and staff to discuss programs in which a student is interested. In addition, it represents and markets the campus through electronic communications and printed brochures and material regarding all phases of the institution and its policies and programs.
Purpose of the position
- A key member of the admission team, the Assistant Director of Admissions - Enrollment Marketing must be enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and have the ability to articulate the values and objectives of a liberal arts institution to attract, recruit, and admit students to the University of Minnesota, Morris.
- The person will be responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, and monitoring of marketing and communication strategies to attract new students to the university, as defined by university-wide enrollment goals.
- This role serves as a liaison between the Office of Admissions and the Office of Communications and Marketing to promote coordination and to ensure consistent and targeted messaging to prospective students, applicants, and their support networks.
- The individual selected will represent Morris to the public, providing high quality service to prospective students and their families.
- The person will also collaborate with members of the campus to support students and advance efforts to create a welcoming and inclusive environment at UMM.
- The duties of the position will require travel, including extended overnight stays, and flexible evening and weekend hours.
- Plans and executes a tailored recruitment plan, conducting student recruitment/outreach activities on and off campus, to meet the University’s short-term and long-term enrollment goals for underrepresented freshmen and transfer students.
- Develop project plans and work closely with members of the Office of Communications and Marketing team to create and/or update publications, website content, social media content, advertising, and email communications that focus on recruitment.
- Plans and participates in recruitment and enrollment activities, including: open houses, regional presentation, orientation programs, career days, regional and national college fairs, scholarship days, etc.
- Builds brand awareness and reputation in prospective student and parent audiences. Develops public presentations designed to promote the University.
- Meets with prospective students and parents to provide individual counseling on educational options and alternatives.
- Monitors student behavior trends in territory and adjusts recruiting plan accordingly.
- Reviews applications and makes admissions based on academic requirements and program choice compatibility.
- Engages in extensive tele-counseling within assigned recruitment territory.
- Represents Morris at on and off campus events for a minimum of 12 weekends annually. Meet individual recruitment goals and objectives.
- Track and report specific marketing activities and outcomes to identify return on investment and effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Models and promotes respect and effective partnerships in advancing Morris's efforts to build an inclusive, respectful campus community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The employer reserves the right to modify, change or add to the duties of this position, consistent with the classification description, at any time.
To apply for this position go to: http://humanresources.umn.edu/jobs/ enter job ID #336808 in the search job box.
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.