The American Indian College Fund (College Fund) strives to positively impact the lives of American Indians by supporting their higher education and career objectives. College Fund team members believe education is the answer and collectively we raise funds, provide scholarships, and holistically support students in achieving their goals. Programming, research, and enhancing the capacities of tribal colleges and universities (TCUs) are also integral elements of our mission.
The College Readiness Coach provides expertise in student admissions and college going services. This position will be a liaison to targeted high schools, conduct outreach, track student engagement, verify matriculation, and coach students through the college choice process. The College Readiness Coach will develop presentation materials and resources to assist high school and TCU staff, faculty, students and their support systems to navigate the college admissions process. The coach will support the goals of the Student Success Services Team and of the College Fund by collaborating with team members in providing students with the supports they need to persist through their college experience.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide tiered support for students in both college and career readiness strategies to guide students towards their graduation and career goals.
• Regular, timely outreach and communication (email, phone and virtual) to students, families, and program partners regarding upcoming deadlines, requirements, and expectations associated with programming and potential scholarships.
• Use cohort/group models of coaching when possible to support student goals to college.
• Plan, facilitate and administer online program components for program participants in collaboration with the Student Success Services coaching team. Includes: Webinars and text messaging.
• Plan convenings and site visits to institutions in collaboration with Student Success Services team for presentations, student check ins and to maintain partnerships
• Build, maintain and explore supports within the institutions and communities to partner for improved and increased student supports
• Keep up to date records on students. Provide reports as needed for supervisors
• Provide formal updates to supervisors twice yearly for review and for professional growth (December and June.)
• Seek out professional development opportunities as well as for institution support staff in best practices that support students- to include, but not limited to college applications, essays, FAFSA, choosing a best-fit college.
• Connect students to other Student Success Service programming at the College Fund as relevant.
• Plan, facilitate and implement summer programming and convening for program participants in collaboration with the Student Success Services team.
• Stay current and up to date on latest trends involving American Indian Education and college choice process.
• Proficient IT skills particularly with databases, Microsoft Office products and social media
• Ability to develop and enhance relationships
• Ability to meet deadlines for a wide variety of job assignments
• Ability to manage numerous tasks and/or projects at one time
• Attention to and tolerance for detail
• Ability to work collaboratively within and across departments as well as with external partners
• Proven ability to accomplish defined goals and objectives
• Experience presenting for small and large groups
• Willingness to travel during certain periods
• BA Degree
• Experience working with AIAN or underserved population high school and/or college students
• Two years of experience working in a field related to college readiness
• MA in Student Affairs, or related field and/or four years of work experience in an education related setting
• Involvement and/or experience with student advising, coaching and admissions
Work Environment and Physical Activities
• Professional office environment
• Frequent keyboarding
• Lifting from 20-30 pounds
• Travel as assigned, airplane and car
Note: The intent is not to provide an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position. Incumbent may perform other duties as assigned.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put your name and the job title in the subject line.
American Indian College Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employee