Job Title: Sr. Administrative Assistant
Reports To: President
Status: Full time/ Regular/ Hourly
Salary: $16.72 hourly
This Senior Administrative Assistant assists the President in maintaining professional communications with staff, faculty, students, the Board of Trustees and the public. Duties include maintaining an organized office, scheduling appointments and meetings, processing requisitions, planning events, note and minute taking, and a variety of other tasks that require professionalism, confidentiality, and attention to detail. The Assistant will support the T-Ṣo:ṣon (Our Core Values) including T-Wohocudadag – Our Beliefs, T-Apedag – Our Well-Being, T-Pi:k Elida – Our Deepest Respect and I-We:mta – Working Together.
- Represents the President and the College to the Board of Trustees, staff, students, and faculty;
- Corresponds with Human Resource Development Committee and other committees of the Tohono O’odham Nation Council as directed by the President;
- Follows up on task completion as directed by the President;
- Perform administrative activities including making travel arrangements, scheduling and coordinating meetings, keeping meeting minutes and notes from meetings, ordering supplies and equipment; managing calendars and schedules;
- Collects, compiles, and reviews information and/or data;
- Responds to telephone, e-mail, written, and in-person inquiries from students, the public, departments within the College, and other interested parties;
- Prepares, reviews, and processes a variety of correspondence, reports, information, paperwork, invoices, forms, and/or other related information;
- Assist with budget preparation and reconcile credit cards;
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required with a minimum of 30 college credits and up to two years of additional training; and
- Three years of administrative support or similar experience.
Additional Consideration May Be Given To Individuals with the Following Qualifications:
- Certifications or Associate degree
- Ability to speak and understand O’odham.
- Knowledge and understanding in the history and contemporary issues facing Native peoples.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license with no DUI's or major traffic offenses within the past year.
- Microsoft Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Basic budgeting principles;
- Filing and recordkeeping principles;
- Records management procedures;
- Strategies for working smoothly with external and internal partners
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Able to adjust to a flexible workflow;
- Able to work independently on a variety of tasks;
- Able to maintain a highly organized office setting including maintaining calendars of events and meetings;
- Able to represent the president in communications with staff and with external partners;
- Adept at word processing, basic Excel operations, and Adobe Acrobat;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Able to prepare minutes and notes from meetings quickly and accurately;
- Basic knowledge of budgets;
- Able to quickly and accurately draft letters, emails and other correspondence;
- Maintaining records and files.
TOCC is a tribal college located on the Tohono O’odham Nation, 60 miles west of Tucson. The Senior Administrative Assistant will work closely with members of the Tohono O’odham Nation within a multicultural setting.
The College offers a comprehensive benefit package and 401(k).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are available on line at www.tocc.edu. Interested applicants must submit a completed TOCC application for employment, resume, related degrees, transcripts, certificates, a list of three references (name, position, organization and work phone numbers), and three (3) letters of recommendation dated within the past twelve months. If claiming Indian Preference
Under Tohono O’odham Ordinance 01-85, submit a copy of certification or enrollment card and/ or if claiming Veteran Preference, submit a copy of the DD214 form to:
TOHONO O’ODHAM COMMUNITY COLLEGE
ATTENTION: HUMAN RESOURCES
P.O. BOX 3129
SELLS, AZ 85634
VOICE (520) 383-0049
FAX (520) 383-0029
"This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer."