Accounting Support Specialist - Campus Cashier (FT, 12 months)
OPENING DATE: November 19, 2019
REVIEW DATE: December 4, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
LOCATION: NWIC Lummi Campus
SALARY: $35,965 Max. DOE
The salary placement upon hire will be based on the selected candidate’s education and relevant work experience as outlined in the job announcement and the established salary schedule for the classification of position to be filled.
Northwest Indian College hiring practices including adherence to the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 473). NWIC supports and provides equal employment opportunity and educational opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Accounting Support Specialist - Campus Cashier is responsible for performing cashiering functions and receptionist duties in the Business Office. The position serves as backup for both the accounts payable and receivable positions, assists with clerical functions for the Business Office, and has other miscellaneous duties as directed. Consistently good attendance is required.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The position requires interaction with students, the public, college vendors, and other college staff. A high quality level of customer service is required due to the visibility of the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform fiscal-related clerical support and interoffice errands;
- Provide front counter reception, including answering phone, referring calls, taking messages and completing scheduling as needed;
- Accept student fees, payments – including credit card transactions for College and Foundation accounts, enter data/transactions in accounting system, and prepare for deposit;
- Assist students with basic account questions in absence of other department staff;
- Prepare checks and paperwork for proper disbursement; sort cancelled checks and maintain in filing system;
- Photocopy and collate materials;
- Pick up and sort mail daily;
- Provide back-up day to day functions of Account Receivable and Account Payable positions;
- Assist with statement processing;
- Check out College vehicles and enter vehicle mileage; act as contact with maintenance for repairs and/or vehicle maintenance;
- Cover lunches of reception area as scheduled;
- Order parts and replace Xerox parts when needed;
- Order office supplies when needed; and
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED to perform this position successfully:
- High School Graduate or GED certificate;
- Two years of previous fiscal-related office work experience;
- Experience performing data entry and use of ten-key, as well as proficiency using Excel, Word and basic accounting software;
- Ability to perform mathematical computations necessary to perform job tasks;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal/people skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment in order to achieve strategic and departmental goals;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks; and
- Consistent and regular attendance.
- Experience with Native American populations; and
- Previous experience working with Native Americans in a college setting or in the community.
Interested individuals should submit the following application materials directly to the NWIC Human Resources Office only.
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the position qualifications
- NWIC application
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) form
- Current and complete professional resume
- Copies of college transcripts (official copy requested at time of hire)
- Three letters of recommendation from persons, who are not members of your immediate family, who have firsthand knowledge of your qualifications for the position
- If applicable to the position, provide copies of certificates/licenses/credentials
The job announcement and application forms are available online at www.nwic.edu/jobs or may be requested from and submitted directly to:
Northwest Indian College
2522 Kwina Rd.
Bellingham, WA 98226-9278
Telephone/Fax: (360) 392-4230