Position Description * Nurse Education Instructor
Performance Description: Aaniiih Nakoda College is seeking an innovative, experienced registered nurse for the “Grow Our Own” Nursing Educational Program. This is a full-time instructional (faculty) position at a student-centered tribal college located in rural north central Montana. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to help further develop and refine this newly established nursing program to “Grow” proficient nurses to serve the Fort Belknap Indian Reservation and broader region.
Job Description - The Nursing Education Instructor shall:
- Provide and facilitate classroom, laboratory and clinical instruction for the Nursing Education Program.
- Coordinate clinical experiences with participating health care facilities along the Hi-Line to ensure quality clinical experiences for students
- Provide oversight of student clinical performance and maintain frequent contact with clinical resource RN's and preceptors
- Assist students with access to tutoring
- Assist students with study sessions for national licensure examinations
- Serve as academic advisor for nursing students
- Refine and implement nursing curriculum
- Refine and implement assessment plans for measuring student achievement of course and program learning outcomes
- Serve on the Aaniiih Nakoda College Curriculum Committee
- Work with nursing staff and faculty in maintaining compliance with requirements of the Montana Board of Nursing and national accrediting agencies
- Master’s Degree of Nursing preferred, Bachelor’s Degree of Nursing Required
- A minimum of two years of experience in nursing practice preferred
- A current, unencumbered nursing license in the State of Montana
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, instruction for nursing students
- Experience with clinical nursing instruction preferred
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, indigenous ways of teaching and learning
- A person who is self-motivated, organized, and able to adapt to and learn modern technology required to prepare nursing students for entry-level nursing practice
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of students in a higher education setting
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the Mission of Aaniiih Nakoda College
- Experience as a team player, a person of action, who is willing to be a mentor and role model for nursing students
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and humility for all members of the community in a professional manner
- This is a position from August to May
- According to ANC salary scale
How to apply:
- Submit: 1) Letter of application, 2) Current Resume, 3) College Transcripts (job offer contingent on official transcripts), and 4) Three (3) current letters of recommendation from professional references.
- Send application to Aaniiih Nakoda College, Assistant to the President, PO Box 159, Harlem, MT 59526
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. This position is open until filled.
Revised: 10/14/19 EMcM/bh
Aaniiih Nakoda College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference or membership or non-membership in an employee organization except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.