AANIIIH NAKODA COLLEGE * INSTRUCTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
Aaniiih Nakoda College is seeking an Environmental Science Instructor. The instructor is responsible for teaching students in classroom, field, laboratory and internship environments. The instructor shall assist with the recruitment and retention of students in this program. The instructor shall maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice and trends in environmental sciences. The instructor shall actively participate in college life and activities. Benefits: Paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, 401K. Under the supervision of the Dean of Academic Affairs: The Environmental Science Instructor shall:
- Teach approximately 12-15 credit hours per semester;
- Supervise undergraduate student research projects and internships;
- Serve on management team of the Aaniiih Nakoda Nicʔ-Mní (Water) Center;
- Participate in Aaniiih Nakoda Nicʔ-Mní Center outreach and education activities;
- Serve as an academic advisor to students in Environmental Science (A.S.) and Aaniiih Nakoda Ecology (B.S.) programs;
- Serve on the Curriculum Committee and other committees as assigned;
- Perform annual program assessment activities;
- Participate in Environmental Science and Aaniiih Nakoda Ecology program reviews and collaborate with colleagues for possible revision of the program courses; and
- Be willing to work with a full range of college students.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of and unreserved commitment to Aaniiih Nakoda College’s mission and philosophy statements;
- Express knowledge and experience in the field of environmental science;
- Willingness to help promote and grow programs;
- Strong understanding of community- and place-based instruction;
- Student advising and transcript evaluation;
- Ability to teach students to use various technologies;
- Gifts of teaching and leadership both in the classroom and outside; and,
- Ability to integrate academic and cultural understanding.
- Master’s degree required (Doctorate preferred) in environmental science or related field;
- Two years’ experience teaching at the postsecondary level;
- Experience conducting environmental research; and
- Knowledge of the people, lifeways, history, geography, and educational needs of the Fort Belknap Indian Reservation
Salary According to the ANC Salary Scale; commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Submit to apply:
- 1) Letter of Application; 2) Current Resume; 3) Official College Transcripts; 4) 3 current letters of recommendation. Please have letters of recommendation correlate with the job you are applying for.
- Send application to Aaniiih Nakoda College, Assistant to the President, PO Box 159, Harlem, MT 59526. For more information call 406-353-2607 x 222 or email@example.com. Open until filled.
Aaniiih Nakoda College does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference or membership or non-membership in an employee organization except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
September 23, 2019/sf/mb